Funding for Artificial Intelligence (AI) Centres to help SMEs adopt AI technologies
The AI Adopt Program provides funding to establish up to five AI Adopt Centres to support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that engage in international and interstate trade to adopt responsible AI-enabled services and enhance their businesses.
- Grants between $3 million and $5 million over four years for up to 50% of eligible project expenditure are available
- Businesses in Australia that can establish centres to help Australian SMEs adopt AI technologies in their business can apply
- Closing date: Monday 29 January 2024 5:00pm AEDT
The program will create a network of AI Adopt Centres, aimed at establishing a ‘front door’ for SMEs looking to explore responsible, safe adoption and usage of AI.
The objectives of the program are to:
- support the safe and responsible adoption, implementation, and demonstration of real-world applications of AI technologies to address sectoral and local challenges
- support SMEs to responsibly integrate AI products that assist in development of new or improved products and services
- improve Australia’s future prosperity and our productivity growth by increasing AI adoption in SMEs and upskilling Australian workers in the usage of AI technologies
- support a growing network of Australian AI capability that provides expertise, business and technical skills, connectivity, and access to research and partnerships. This includes engagement with the National Artificial Intelligence Centre and the Responsible AI Network to build a cohesive and comprehensive network
- provide equity of access to SMEs nationwide who are operating within the identified sectoral area, aligned to the National Reconstruction Fund (NRF) priorities
- create further opportunity for growth in the AI technology market through a broad increase in international demand for Australian AI capabilities
- positively impact participation of underrepresented cohorts in technology, including women, First Nations Australians, and those with disability
- support the Australian Government in reaching its target of 1.2 million tech-related jobs by 2030.
The intended outcomes of the program are to:
- increase SMEs capacity to responsibly, safely and effectively utilise AI technologies by providing guidance, specialist training and access to specific talents and expertise
- increase awareness and workforce skills within the SME sector of responsible AI adoption
- increase SMEs productivity through using AI products to promote product development, and build efficiencies in NRF priority sectors.
Check if you can apply
You can apply if you meet the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria are a set of rules that describe who can be considered for this grant. You can apply if you:
- are an eligible entity
- meet additional eligibility requirements
- have an eligible project
- have eligible expenditure
- can fund your share of the project costs, and any ineligible expenditure.
The Notch Above Team would like to wish you and your family a wonderful festive season and a prosperous 2024. This year we’re taking a break over Christmas / New Year and will be closed from 2PM on Friday 22 December, reopening on Monday 8 January 2024.