Qld weather event February 2022
The Emergency Hardship Assistance Grant is available as a contribution to support people directly impacted by a disaster to who are unable to meet their immediate essential needs for food, clothing, medical supplies or temporary accommodation.
If deemed eligible, applicants may receive $180 per person up to $900 for a family of 5 or more. The grant is initially available to claim for 7 days following the activation of the grant in your area.
Emergency Hardship Assistance is not income or asset tested. To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- live or are stranded in the targeted activation zone
- have suffered hardship as a result of the event
- are unable to meet your immediate essential needs for food, clothing, medical supplies or temporary accommodation.
You are not eligible for this grant if you are claiming:
- business loss or damage including compensation for loss of income
- farm or property damage (excluding principal place of residence)
- loss of tools of trade
- loss of power/ essential services to your home (you may be eligible for an Essential Services Hardship Assistance grant if the loss is for greater than 5 days) .
- isolation within property.
How to apply
- online via the Community Recovery Portal
- by phoning the Community Recovery Hotline on 1800 173 349
- or by visiting a Community Recovery Hub (when open)
- electronic funds transfer (EFT) to a nominated bank account and processed in timelines established by your nominated banking facility, or
- prepaid Recovery Debit Card which can be collected at a Community Recovery Hub and used at all retailers with EFTPOS facilities and all ATMs. Login to check the balance of your Recovery Debit Card
To complete your application, you will need to provide evidence of your identity and place of residence, with any of the following items:
- driver licence or other photo identification
- Medicare card showing members of your family.
If you are unable to provide any of these forms of identification, a community recovery officer may seek further information about your circumstances to assess your application.
If you don’t have identification documents, help is available to replace lost or destroyed documents.
Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment
Activation of the Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment is the decision of the Australian Government. Under this payment, people who have been affected by flood and storm-damage may also be eligible for financial assistance of $1000 per adult and $400 per child.
- Emergency accommodation
- Help with renting
- The mortgage relief loan
- Find support to help manage stress after a disaster
Looking for a Xero Certified Bookkeeper in Brisbane? Are you drowning in paperwork? Cash flow problems keeping you awake at night? Find out how Notch Above Bookkeeping can solve all these problems, and more. Call our team on 1300 015 130.